[Ground-station] Weekly report for 8 April 2022

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:30:27 PDT 2022

Updates!

Let's review last week's "Plan for the Week"

Where did we end up on 8 April?

For P4DX over the air?

Good news - a proof of concept for the DVB-S2 encoder is working. A major
component of the FPGA design for the downlink has been validated.

Here is the video recording of the weekly FPGA meeting:

https://youtu.be/UqiPdq3gRmE

For MATLAB HDL Coder of M17 protocol?

We have MATLAB code that has been converted to VHDL. A bitstream is
successfully created by the MATLAB toolbox.

Programming the FPGA for FPGA-in-the-loop is the current roadblock. The
exact same bitstream can be manually programmed into the zcu106 development
board using Vivdao's hardware manager, but HDL Coder returns an error.

The M17 script for MATLAB has been reviewed, and the spectrum is not as
expected. We believe it needs a bit more work before it can be tried with
HDL Coder.

-Michelle Thompson