[Ground-station] Plan for this week, ending on 15 April 2022

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:58:29 PDT 2022

Plan for the Week

FPGA Work

FPGA Stand-up held on 12 April 2022. Link to a video recording of the
meeting will be published when it's posted.

Downlink Demo for DEFCON

HDL Coder (target M17 Uplink IP cores)

Potential IMS2023 Participation

IMS2023 is the IEEE International Microwave Symposium. It will be held in
San Diego in 2023. We have an opportunity to demonstrate our work in the
amateur radio activities portions of this very large event. We can and
should submit papers as well. Now is the time to start looking at
participating. This will be a very welcoming and enthusiastic event for our
project and teams.

AI/ML Working Group activity

The AI/ML working group meets on Wednesday, and will continue
deliberations. We co-chair the AI/ML subworking group on "Safe Uses of AI
and ML" and that kickoff meeting is Thursday. We have nominated Aeva Black
from OSI as an outside resource. We have nominated Dr. Piero Bonissone as a
guest speaker. These nominations are proceeding.

Taxes Underway

Our Dark Horse Accounting accountant is on the job and has everything he
needs so far in order to complete the work.

Government Grant Committee Formation and Charter

As previously discussed, we need to dilute previously received large grants
down a bit in order to stay a public charity (also known as a 501(c)(3)).
Anshul Makkar has agreed to be a lead of a Grant Committee, responsible for
searching out and defining government grants our work and mission is best
suited for.

Technical Track at Ham Expo September 2022

We have the opportunity to hold our quarterly technical advisory meeting,
which often features a list of speakers, at Ham Expo in September 2022.
This would be a half-day track.

Want to help? Dive in! We're here to make your volunteering experience a
great one.

-Michelle (and, all the leads - this is a team effort)