[Ground-station] ADAC Updates

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:06:54 PST 2019

Update from Azisi (Libre Space Core Contributor), about our questions about
UPSat ADAC:

We had asked about https://github.com/ericstoneking/42, which is software
that Thomas Parry identified as a strong possible candidate for use.

“After the OSCW19, I searched again about open source simulation software
for ADCS. I found the same software, 42. In this software, as I was playing
with it, you can write you own controllers and determination algorithms to
test it. Then you can use results of it, like rotation matrix and position
to feed other software for example to calculate the power harvesting from
solar panels (
https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/qubik/qubik-org/snippets/1896694).

Other software about ADCS that i found but never tested it:
https://github.com/komrad36/KPS
http://spacecraft.sourceforge.net/

In UPSat, due to limiting time of development, we were use matlab to test
the attitude controllers.

As you can see in firmware (
https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/upsat/upsat-adcs-software/), we had
implemented the SGP4, IGRF and propagation of the sun position to produce
orbit vectors that used to determine the rotation matrix of UPSat by
solving the Wahba’s problem (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahba%27s_problem
).

Also, here you could find results of UPSat ADCS (
https://indico.oscw.space/event/3/contributions/64/attachments/38/56/ADCS_oscw19.pdf).
”

-Michelle W5NYV

"Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis."