[Ground-station] What direction forward for HPSDR?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Jun 26 13:24:56 PDT 2019

Hi Bruce --

Thetis works with a new wire protocol (ie, new radio FPGA code) that
allows a lot more flexibility than the old PowerSDR, but it still
doesn't get to client-server.  (And just for clarity, Thetis isn't a
TAPR project, but one spearheaded by several of the HPSDR developers,
including Phil Harman, VK6PH.)

One possible starting point is GnuRadio.  Tom McDermott, N5EG, has
written source and sink blocks for HPSDR and they work very nicely,
though they are still firmware-limited to the 48/96/192/384 ksample
rates.  But you can do 8 receivers, etc., etc.

73,
John
----