[Ground-station] Upcoming channelizer test opportunity

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 07:48:21 PDT 2019

Of course!

I want to test the polyphase filterbank channelizer at microwave
frequencies on the air. Tuneup parties seem like a great environment for
this.

Channelizer could receive output tests from the rigs, in parallel, to
measure performance of the channel separation and all that. This set of
results should be compared to the single channel receiver results for the
same set of radios.

With a polyphase synthesizer, it seems like the rig receive tests could
also be done and tested by SDR.

This is a lot to pull together for this upcoming set of tuning parties.
There are several reasons for a practical example at a real event.

1 Because it gives a deadline.

2 As a practical amateur radio function coming out of gnu radio and SDR.
Show, don’t just tell, how gnu radio works at microwave with SDRs.

3 Demos are super! Tune up events are so much fun.

Polyphase and multirate techniques are fundamental for enabling broadband
channelized microwave stations in both space and terrestrial use. The more
components we have working on the air, the closer we will be to a complete
radio system.

-mdt