[Ground-station] UPSat overview + Open Source Cubesat Workshop

Hugh Brown aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Wed May 23 21:15:48 PDT 2018

I watched the conference proceedings from the last one when they were
published a few months ago
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnoYzqAw_vM&list=PLCzrYL9QmZiSYYx5h_j8djGeLYibvbCp4),
and it was really, really interesting to see the work that's being
done.  I definitely agree that having amateur radio in general, and
Phase 4 Ground in particular, at the table will help; there have been
a lot of payloads going up with proprietary radios, or unpublished
telemetry formats, and there's a lot to improve there.

I would definitely love to go -- I love space, I love Open Source, and
I've wanted to be involved in a cubesat project for a long time.  But
I'm not sure I'm the right person at this time; I have not been
involved very much (cough) in this project so far, and am still
learning my way around things.  Consider me a distant third-string
alternate for this year (or possibly as a 2nd delegate?), and I'd love
to be better prepared to go next year. :-)

Thanks,
Hugh

--
Hugh Brown