[Ground-station] Radiation Susceptibility

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sun Jun 3 20:40:11 PDT 2018

We're going to have to pull the cap off of some of those 74AC chips and
make sure they're still fabricated the old way, if we end up using them.
The hacker community has deep expertise in uncapping chips, and I know just
who I'd ask.

Vorago has some technical papers regarding their prototype Cubesat
controller, below.
They are using ferroelectric RAM for storage.

https://www.voragotech.com/products/rhobc1
https://www.voragotech.com/sites/default/files/RH-OBC-1_Flyer_rev_1.1.pdf
https://www.voragotech.com/sites/default/files/RH-OBC-1_schematic.pdf
http://smallformfactors.mil-embedded.com/articles/designing-rad-hard-cubesat-onboard-computer/
http://www.pumpkinspace.com/store/p199/Vorago_Rad-hard_OBC_%2F_C%26DH_Avionics_Kit.html

--
Bruce Perens K6BP - CEO, Legal Engineering
Standards committee chair, license review committee member, co-founder,