[Ground-station] Call for Comment and Critique - KA9Q-SDR readme

Jan Schiefer jan at akalaitis.net
Tue Apr 24 21:54:28 PDT 2018

On 04/24/2018 08:34 AM, Michelle Thompson wrote:
> Yes, thank you. I explained to Phil that maybe forking from the
> project repository, working on that at "home", and then pushing
> changes back to the project would give good results.
That's right, as the owner he can directly clone the repo, work on his
own machine and push changes back to the github repo whenever
appropriate. The thing that is a little more involved is accepting
contributions (via pull requests) from other people, who do not have
write permission to the repo themselves.

As you probably know, many open source projects have "contribution
guides" that give interested newcomers guidance as to how to make a
contribution, sets expectations regarding code quality, naming and other
process issues and avoids miscommunication from the get-go. There's
plenty of good ideas out there, and it might be useful to look at a few
of these contribution guides, to see what resonates with this group.

Cheers,
     Jan ac7td

"Mens sana in Campari Soda."