[Ground-station] Call for Comment and Critique - KA9Q-SDR readme

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Sun Apr 22 19:31:38 PDT 2018

On 4/22/18 11:48, Edson W. R. Pereira via Ground-Station wrote:

> It is very nice to see a modular implementation for a SDR application.
> Thank you very much for all your work, Phil. This is a wonderful gift
> for those of us that like to tinker with SDR and unix.

You're welcome! Comments, suggestions, bug fixes, brickbats all invited.

> I had to compile a recent version for libfftw3 (version 3.3.7) since the
> one in the Ubuntu repository (version 3.3.4) did not have
> fftwf_make_planner_thread_safe() implemented.

You just reminded me that I ran into this one too on Ubuntu a while ago.
Maybe Ubuntu is slower at adopting new upstream versions.

I wanted multithreaded fftw3 because just about every CPU still worthy
of our attention these days is multi-core. I'll note this in my
'dependencies' file.

I've also adopted the latest version of the Opus library, though this is
necessary only if you need the larger block sizes.

Phil