[Ground-station] Call for Comment and Critique - KA9Q-SDR readme

Edson W. R. Pereira ewpereira at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:48:53 PDT 2018

It is very nice to see a modular implementation for a SDR application.
Thank you very much for all your work, Phil. This is a wonderful gift for
those of us that like to tinker with SDR and unix.

Some compilation notes for Ubuntu 16.04:

sudo apt-get install libbsd-dev libattr1-dev libopus-dev libportaudio19-dev
libncurses-dev

I had to compile a recent version for libfftw3 (version 3.3.7) since the
one in the Ubuntu repository (version 3.3.4) did not have
fftwf_make_planner_thread_safe() implemented. To compile lib fftw3,

wget http://www.fftw.org/fftw-3.3.7.tar.gz
tar -zxvf fftw-3.3.7.tar.gz
cd fftw3-3.3.7
./configure  --enable-float --enable-threads
make
make install

Then download and unzip the ka9q-radio sources, edit the Makefile and add
the path to fftw3. This is the diff.

3c3
< INCLUDES=
---