[Ground-station] FCC TAC AI/ML working group kick-off meeting

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:57:28 PST 2022

We went round the table and did introductions and stated our goals for the
working group.

The things mentioned most often was an interest in using AI/ML for
predicting propagation for better spectrum sharing and how AI/ML can lead
to improvements and innovations in network architecture. A high level of
priority was given to AI/ML effects on privacy and behavior online, and how
AI/ML can bias the use of shared resources like spectrum.

Backgrounds are overwhelmingly industrial or commercial, but Greg Lepin
from ARRL is also in the group, so amateur radio is well represented!

The full TAC meets for the first time on 28 February. The AI/ML working
group will meet every Wednesday.

-Michelle Thompson