[Ground-station] Call for Input - meeting with legal team about ITAR/EAR results

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:54:10 PDT 2021

What it definitely does is provide a refutation to anyone capable of using
logic (anyone not in AMSAT leadership for example) that what was being said
and believed is true from both objective party and regulatory authority.

AMSAT did not want to believe they were forced to do everything open
source. In fact, they are not, but then they have the burden of trying to
follow the regulations with no regular legal assistance to keep them out of
trouble.  Who hear thinks they can and survive?  They are afraid of their
own shadows and have been a long time since Harold Price got fined a huge
fine for violating ITAR with Martin Sweeting. Enough so that they killed
participation with AMSAT-DL and scared everyone in AMSAT engineering
ranks.  Frank, Jan and I were beyond pissed with Barry for doing a mea
culpa without our input in any form.

Librespace, ORI, and others like them are going to do things in a way that
allows forward motion and accomplishment even in the United States.

Good work Michelle and ORI.

Bob

--
Dr. Robert W McGwier, Ph.D.