[Ground-station] HamCation 2022 Planning Thread

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 16:49:53 PDT 2021

Booth: Yes! Postponed from previous years, all paid up, and right by where
the prizes are drawn.

Forum: Yes! ORI/TAPR forum. We've asked for all day (300 minutes) and will
include M17, P4, TangerineSDR, Regulatory, and more.

Activities: Yes! A couple years ago we pitched the idea of a Capture the
Flag (CTF) or contest and now we're back in person and can try and pull it
off. We need a team to put this together. Making community events is super
fun, and amateur radio is a great way to do it. Assume that a lot of people
will have their HTs and let's put some puzzles on the air. We'll have a
DVB-S2/X beacon, an M17 repeater, and more available. Can you come up with
a themed set of puzzles or challenges for folks to solve on site?

Swag: Yes! We have rectangular ORI patches, M17 stickers, and are looking
for more cool stuff to give away at the booth.

Volunteers: Yes! We need you! M17 will have a booth, hopefully right by ORI
and TAPR to increase the size of our traditional "Tech Ally". We expect
SARA and possibly DATV folks to be down the aisle too.

1) We need people to staff the booths and answer questions and have fun.
Have a demo? Can you run one of the demos?
2) We need organizers for the CTF. Planning needs to start now.