[Ground-station] Question for ORI:

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Wed Mar 31 23:13:05 PST 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 3:43 PM Douglas Quagliana <dquagliana at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Bruce writes:
> > someone more skilled than me would be sitting down to make an open data
> link implementation built on some cheap microprocessor
>
> If I understand what you're saying, Phil has already written several
> downlink schemes.

Yes, but I am not aware of Phil addressing this particular application,
which is dirt-cheap SS data links between so-far-terrestrial embedded
microprocessors with a link budget to go miles at the lowest data rate and
long life on small batteries. I hold out some hope that the functionality
of their chip can be duplicated with a relatively small number of discrete
components and a cheap microprocessor. Certainly we have ones that can do
significant DSP in the $4 range these days, and they idle at microamps
drain.

    Thanks

    Bruce