[Ground-station] University work, VT Advisory Board Spring Meeting, call for comments

John R. Frank jrf.ttst at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:19:19 PDT 2021

> Internships in space communications are desirable. ... Directly solicit to
> the students for internships, outside of the university...

I want to second Bruce's comment here and add that making the recruiting
process competitive though interviews can help *attract* great interns.

While advertising and conducting interviews takes effort, the big benefit
is direct one-on-one contact in video calls with students.  In a 20 minute
call, you can spend 10 minutes on technical questions to get a basis for
comparing candidates, and 10 minutes discussing how awesome it'll be to
work on the project.

Designing such an interview process is also fun in its own way.

John

--
John R. Frank
N9WLY