[Ground-station] Spectrum gain?

Mariana Varotto mariana at varotto.org
Fri Oct 9 18:05:59 PDT 2020

Yes, maybe they got it wrong... My interpretation was that secondary, non-federal radiolocation operations were relocated from 3.3-3.55 GHz to 2.9-3 GHz (III.B. paragraphs 27-3 -- it says they’re kicked out of 3+ GHz and reallocated to 2.9-3 GHz, which already hosts non-federal radio location as secondary, including NEXRAD from NWS).
But amateurs are kicked out of 3+ GHz entirely (III.C. paragraph 34), and not relocated since they "also have access to a large number of other bands” (ref. in footnotes), including the 2 GHz and 5 GHz bands which should have similar propagation characteristics as 3 GHz (paragraphs 35 & 37)… :-(

- Mariana WA7EE