[Ground-station] Draft "Getting Started" page on our website

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:20:33 PDT 2020

Tonight I'll be talking about ORI (among other things) as the speaker for
the monthly San Bernardino Microwave Society meeting.

http://www.ham-radio.com/sbms/

For this meeting, I'm pointing people to the "Getting Started" section of
our website.

Please review and give feedback if you see a way to improve the content for
this part of the website. It's shared below.

Here's the current draft (including edits from Paul KB5MU):

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Getting Started

Do you want to join, participate, work on, contribute to, follow, or
support an ORI project?

For the Phase 4 Ground and Space projects,

1) Join the mailing list at
http://lists.openresearch.institute/listinfo.cgi/ground-station-openresearch.institute

The list is the easiest way to follow the project. Everybody should be on
the mailing list. You might want to review the [mailing list archives](
http://lists.openresearch.institute/pipermail/ground-station-openresearch.institute/)
to see what's been happening lately.

2) Request an invite to the Slack workspace by sending an email to
ori at openresearch.institute

Slack workspace is for daily engineering discussions between the
participants.

https://phase4ground.slack.com/

3) Get invited to the Phase 4 repositories on GitHub by sending an email to
ori at openresearch.institute

This allows you to work on and contribute directly to all documents and
source material for the project.

https://github.com/phase4ground
https://github.com/phase4space

4) Introduce yourself! Welcome to the project, we are so happy you are here.

-Michelle W5NYV

"Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis."