[Ground-station] AmbaSat Inspired Sensors - project launch

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:14:25 PST 2020

We are pleased to announce AmbaSat Inspired Sensors as a formal ORI project
– Please visit
https://www.openresearch.institute/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Ambasat-Inspired-Custom-Sensors.pdf
to read the proposal document. Funding was recently received, and a
separate bank account dedicated to the project will be set up next week.
The first work session is tentatively expected December 2020 – May 2021.
Work will be centered at Villanova University. The Principal Investigator
is Dr. Alan Johnston. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity to
expand the number of open source microwave designs suitable for a variety
of applications ranging from terrestrial mobile to high altitude balloons
to space. There are some risks here, but they are expected and manageable.
All universities are dealing with COVID-19, assistance with lightweight
microwave designs is not set in stone, and the current AmbaSat launch may
be delayed. If you are interested in supporting Dr. Johnston in any way
please get in touch. I'd like to do all I can to make this project an
enjoyable educational experience for him and his students.