[Ground-station] channelized FM SDR

KENT BRITAIN wa5vjb at flash.net
Sun Nov 1 18:55:53 PST 2020

 Even a simile series tuned circuit to ground tuned to about 100 MHz can take a lot of the energyout of the FM band.   This is a big problem we have been seeing with indoor TV antennas.The switch to Digital greatly reduced the ERP limits from the FCC.   To compensate most of theTV antenna companies increased the gain of their amps.  Lots of IP3 problems from FM stations.

A simple series  .22uH 12 pf notch filter across the input of the amp does wonders.Not a brickwall filter, but does removes most of the FM Band energy from the amp input.
Kent WA5VJB