[Ground-station] Guidance on open source licenses

André Souto andre820 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:05:50 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I would like to hear from people with experience or knowledge in working
with FOSS alongside a main job where things overlap a bit. I'm sure this is
not rare so I'm looking for some guidance here.

The gist of it is: I would like to support Phase 4 as much as possible with
copyleft licenses but at the same time there's some common things I wrote
for Phase 4 that I could use for Phase 4 and vice versa, where a permissive
license makes more sense. (Common things here mean FIFOs, memories,
bus/data manipulation, file I/O, etc)

So, how to balance both? Am I being too hopeful in thinking that both can
overlap? If yes, how do I ensure I don't jeopardize both Phase 4 and the
company I'm working for?

Maybe there's guides out there and I'd be grateful if you could share them.

Thanks!

--
Suoto