[Ground-station] Signal Lounge - soft launch announcement

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:37:59 PDT 2020

Have you ever wanted a way to find amazing high-tech amateur radio projects
to work on?

Have you ever found yourself saying "This idea will work and will be
amazing for ham radio. If only I had one or two more people that felt the
same way, then it could happen."

Well then do we have some great news for you! Thanks to well over a year of
hard work done in the best possible collaborative spirit, Andy Webster
G7UHN has announced a soft launch of his new site, Signal Lounge (
https://signal-lounge.com/).

Signal Lounge is a website that serves projects, project leaders, groups,
organizations, and individuals that are interested in sharing resources,
advertising their projects and linking up with like-minded folk.

The Help Wanted (https://signal-lounge.com/help-wanted/) section is a place
where projects post advertisements for any particular help or skills
they're looking for.

We have converted all our Google Summer of Code projects to Signal Lounge
advertisements already, and will be posting more very soon.

It's been a great honor to be involved in supporting this site and seeing
it start to go live.

Also - Volunteers can post what skills they have and what they want to work
on! It works both ways.

There is a forum running Discourse (https://discourse.signal-lounge.com/)
set up where the Signal Lounge project itself can be discussed.

Code of Conduct can be found here:
https://signal-lounge.com/code-of-conduct/

Visit, try it out, and let Andy know what you think at
admin at signal-lounge.com