[Ground-station] ATCO Net tonight

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 13:26:30 PST 2020

>From Art:

Tonight is ATCO net night at 8 PM EST on 147.48 MHz. Join us if you can
with video and, or audio locally. Check in using ZOOM if you are not local.
We had (12) ZOOM check-ins last week. Let's see if we can top that tonight.

 ZOOM is not "Ham Radio" that so many of you cherish with noise,
interference and atmospheric challenges, but it's a great 2 way
communication system open to all beyond the normal reach of ATV. It doesn't
"replace" Ham Radio but only an introduction to the hobby so those without
radio equipment can enjoy the conversation. This should be a driving force
for future active ATV operation!

To join the meeting for the first time, simply type https://zoom.us/join
then download, install the .exe program and run it. Then ZOOM starts. Click
on join, enter the 9670918666 meeting ID and you're in. Join with video or
just audio if you don't have a camera.

 Art
WA8RMC