[Ground-station] Fwd: ATCO ATV Net is Tonight!

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:30:59 PST 2020

Greetings all!

Tonight is ATCO net night at 8 PM EST on 147.48. Join us if you can with
video and, or audio locally.

For participants beyond the reach of our repeater, we will use "ZOOM"
computer chat/video conferencing system similar to Skype. (BATC streaming
will not be used).

  *No, it's not "Ham Radio" that so many of you cherish with noise,
interference and atmospheric challenges, but it's a great 2 way
communication system open to all beyond the normal reach of ATV. It's not
intended to "replace" Ham Radio but only as an introduction to the hobby so
those without radio equipment can enjoy the conversation. This will be a
driving force for future active ATV operation!*

It's easy to install and use on your computer or smartphone. To join the
meeting the first time, simply type *https://zoom.us/join
<https://zoom.us/join> *and then download, install the .exe program and run
it. Then ZOOM starts. Click on join, enter the *9670918666 meeting ID* and
you're in. You can join with video or just audio if you don't have a camera.

Art
WA8RMC