[Ground-station] Please vote - Ambasat sensor

Leffke, Zachary zleffke at vt.edu
Sun Sep 29 09:32:19 PDT 2019

Carrier/Beacon at 10G? atmega328 to handle CW IDing every so often?  Obviously less operational ground stations, but might encourage the construction of 10G ground stations (Ku PLL LNB, bias-t, FCDPP or RTLSDR), which fuels the five/dime drive.  Baby steps toward 10G amateur satellite spectrum use?  Doppler at 10G from LEO should be fun.  Antenna would be compact, maybe a patch on one side of a 4-layer board and components on the other....room for the solar cells?

This looks like the big brother of the Kicksats.....hardest part looks like power from the solar cells....2.2V @ 80mA according to their website.  They do specifically say in their FAQs that you can't add another radio.....but sounds like they could be convinced.

Good stuff.  I'd be interested in ANY beacon on ANY band, Doppler is fun.

-Zach, KJ4QLP

--
Research Associate
Aerospace & Ocean Systems Lab