[Ground-station] RFNoC update: Theseus-Cores running in gnu radio companion

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu May 30 13:33:13 PDT 2019

***We need more than one prototype running, speak up if you have an RFNoC
capable device and can get this working wherever you are for experiments***

Thank you to EJ Kreinar and Neel Pandeya, who helped with tools issues and
a version of the cores that was easier to build.

Good news - we have theseus cores running in RFNoC. I have a set of notes
about what it took here in the lab (Ubuntu 18.04, Pybombs install of RFNoC,
and https://gitlab.com/theseus-cores/theseus-uhd-builder) to get this far.

This is three out of the four steps needed to get the heart of the payload
(and Groundsat) prototype working.

X310 working in GNU Radio on new lab machine - done
X310 running RFNoC - done
X310 running Theseus - done
Polyphase Filter Bank configured for Phase 4 Ground - next

-Michelle W5NYV

Here's some screen shots of the flowgraphs and UI elements, and the current
set of notes.