[Ground-station] Baseband => decimation - questions

Ron Economos w6rz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 14:51:05 PST 2019

Yes, the ADC's are clocked at a variable rate. It's all done inside the
AD9361. On the B2x0, you can oversample a little depending on the sample
rate. The maximum clock is 61.44 MHz, so sample rates of 30.72 to 61.44
Msps are limited to 1X, 15.36 to 30.72 Msps = 2X, 7.68 to 15.6 Msps = 4X
and so on.

You can have any sample rate you want with the B2x0. For example,
DVB-T/T2 is 64,000,000 / 7 = 9.14285714285714...... Msps. There's a
minimum step size, so you can't get that exact sample rate, but pretty
close.

The ADC's inside the AD9361 are sigma-delta 1-bit design, so they're
highly oversampled themselves. But that isn't of concern to the user.

Ron W6RZ