[Ground-station] FreeDV QSO party, FreeDV GUI as a starting point for P4G?

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 08:15:36 PST 2019

We’ve been reading up on FreeDV and Codec2 today, sparked by noticing the
QSO party announcement on Twitter from Bruce Perens.

Here's the announcement:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/digitalvoice/v5axfinuznM

We’re going to look at the GUI included with the FreeDV HF voice
application to see if it can be a starting point for a GUI for us. We have
a really nice prototype layout from Douglas Quagliana that can serve as
some guidance for modifications. Has anyone used FreeDV heavily enough to
have an opinion on this avenue? Getting a GUI of any type off the ground to
test out the lab version of the channelization would be a big step forward.