[Ground-station] Fossa Systems on Twitter: "@ea4eoz @ea4gpz We can also confirm this, just tested all possibilities. FossaSat-1 can only be decoded with the SX126x series. This escaped us when we originally used 0x12 with the SX1278 and then changed to the SX1268 at the last minute due to the TCXO. Will have to wait until next launch." / Twitter

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 12:13:49 PST 2019

True. I'm very familiar with the reverse engineering of LoRa. I presented
Matt Knight's work here in San Diego twice and started a local group
digging into an attempt to better document things that are not.

There's a lot of lessons learned here, but you are right. It boils down to
open standards would have made it easier for user experience and long-term
engineering.

In the short term, however, things in engineering often get decided based
on cheap ICs, range, speed, and cost.

-Michelle W5NYV