[Ground-station] HamCation forum - proposed presentations

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:24:57 PST 2019

Here's our proposed lineup so far for HamCation Technical Forum. Thank you
to Scotty Cowling for helping to coordinate this forum! It's a track
dedicated to high tech amateur radio projects.

If you have one you want to present, for any Phase 4 project or anything
else, then now is the time!

ORI will have a booth and we will be hosting space meetings before and/or
after HamCation to get additional funding and support for our open source
efforts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GEOSYNCHRONOUS AMATEUR RADIO SATELLITES
WU1Y, W5NYV  45 Min to 1HR.
This forum will discuss QO-100, the first Amateur Radio Satellite in
Geosynchronous Orbit, and plans for North American Geosynchronous payloads.

P4XT DIGITAL MULTIPLEXED TRANSPONDER PROJECT
WU1Y 45 Min to 1 HR
This forum will describe the recently launched project to produce a digital
multiplexed transponder for use in Geosynchronous satellites.

Rock Stars of Open Source - Amateur Radio Edition
W5NYV 45 Min to 1 HR
This forum will discuss the exciting landscape of open source development
activities in amateur radio and how you can get involved. Polyphase filter
banks, low density parity check codes, cognitive radio, software-defined
radio, digital signal processing frameworks, and more! Amateur radio is
contributing to cutting edge technology.