[Ground-station] Polar codes

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 10:12:30 PDT 2019

This is very tentative work for ORI. We obviously have our hands full right
now making headway with Phase 4 work.

However! I have been keeping up with Polar Codes. I would like to see them
integrated into amateur radio and GNU Radio.

This also means taking a hard look at the FEC module/API.

Here are some things I have found, that seem useful.

https://github.com/tavildar/Polar
https://ecse.monash.edu/staff/eviterbo/polarcodes.html

If you are interested in open source polar codes, then join our #polar
channel on our Slack. There are a variety of challenges including
intellectual property issues and speed and performance.

Slack reminder: https://phase4ground.slack.com/