[Ground-station] Now that we've heard some good news... LDPC block work needed - LDPC team alert

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:25:40 PDT 2018

We heard some good news yesterday.

But there is bad news!

The bad news is that we aren't done yet, and have plenty to do!

I'm working on getting the DVB-S2/X code donation from Aerospace
Corporation (offered at the GRCon18 Block Party) into the code base of GNU
Radio. In the meantime, we have a recently published open source LDPC
repository that we should look at, right now.

https://github.com/xdsopl/LDPC

This is written by Ahmet Inan, Co-founder & CEO aicodix GmbH. They are
located in Germany and is on our Slack.

Recent bugs in this codebase have been sorted out. Can we get this into a
GNU Radio block and tested ASAP?

There is at least one other potential code base from a local LDPC expert,
but it needs some work before release.

Can we get something ready for review by this weekend?