[Ground-station] Hamvention concluded: brief after-action report

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sun May 20 14:15:46 PDT 2018

A successful Hamvention has concluded, and a full report is coming! Here's
the highlights.

We have action items after meeting with several organizations. These are
ambitious but achievable and directly support the mission.

We have feedback for DARA, and we now have some money in the bank. This is
a big deal.

Also, plenty more good news! The two talks (SDR forum and HamSci) did us
good. Response was very positive and the feedback was highly valuable.

We were able to lend some leverage and space to GNU Radio, Space
Communications Podcast, and Faraday RF. We were able to record an update
for Ham Radio Workbench and met a pile of new people. We promoted
SatNogs/Libre Space. We were invited to the Open Cubesat Workshop in Madrid
in September.

Goal? Deliver our next step by next year.

Thank you to Hugh, Paul, Bruce, Susan, Steve, Steve, John and Todd. Thank
you to everyone that bought a badge! If you didn't get one at Hamvention,
fear not. No one that wants one will miss out.

More soon - we will be back at work on Tuesday.