[Ground-station] Lime LMS8001a Companion Board

Mike Seguin n1jez at burlingtontelecom.net
Tue May 1 15:11:12 PDT 2018

Hi Ron,

Just finished a bit of testing here as well. I don't seem to see the
spurs you are seeing. (maybe try a different VCO Freq?)

My test was at 5.8 GHz. On the LMS8001a I used 4.85 for VCO. Then drove
the IF with 950 MHz from an HP 8921A. Level was +6 dBm

Spectrum analyzer was an Anritsu MS2721b 7 GHz unit.

Reference level was -16.8 dBm. There was a 20 dB pad on the output of
the LMS8001a.

10 kHz marker shows a delta of -62.82 dBm in 1 kHz RBW, so for dBc/Hz
subtract 30 dB.

The on-board 40 MHz reference is off a bit, but easy to lock down using
an external reference.

I want to verify the measurements this coming weekend if I can at
W1GHZ's lab. Also check 10 GHz.

Mike
--

73,