[Ground-station] 31 May 2018 IHU Meeting Minutes

Jonathan Brandenburg jonathan at jonathanbrandenburg.com
Wed Jun 6 08:40:34 PDT 2018

Yes, the HDLC encoding of the AX5043 appears to be the framing and
modulation required by AX.25. My next task is to create a sample
application for the Digital Transceiver for the Raspberry Pi (that's
what I call the Raspberry Pi dev board with the AX5043) that transmits
APRS. It will be based on work done by Libre Space Foundation that has
reportedly developed APRS for AX5043 using a STM32 processor (see
https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/pqws).

The reference code for the sample software developed for the Digital
Transceiver for the Raspberry Pi is located at
https://github.com/BrandenburgTech/DigitalTxRxRPi. I'll be publishing
the hardware files as soon as that task hits the top of my task list (so
many fun and necessary tasks but so little time in a day). In the
meantime, I can provide assembled boards as I get parts and assemble them.

Of course, when I get the hardware files published, you can build your
own (and improve the board).

jb

--
Jonathan Brandenburg
1-214-213-1066
jonathan at jonathanbrandenburg.com
When possible, please sign and encrypt your communication. See https://ssd.eff.org

I updated my PGP certificate on December 8, 2015. Please update your keychain:
PGP certificate fingerprint: 824E 8871 5474 61F7 09D4  9B67 8AFC 1E70 924D B20