[Ground-station] URGENT: Draft incomplete FCC comment, due tonight

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jul 9 17:26:44 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Tom Clark <tom.k3io at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, if planar antennas have no radar cross-section, then why do Yagis &
> log-periodic antennas have gain?

 I addressed Kent's comment in the final version.

We could really calculate everything about the reflective characteristics
of PCB traces in all 360 degrees of an edge-on orientation. But to approve
of something like that, the government is going to have to tell us much
more about the limits of our national space surveillance capabilities than
they want to, or should for our defense.

The point of writing that section wasn't to educate FCC. It was to put the
issues in front of the other commenters, who are asking for things that
government can't give, and nobody in government got permission to say why.

    Thanks

    Bruce