[Ground-station] Our Hamvention Booth! location and please volunteer

Hugh Brown aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Mon Apr 23 19:08:54 PDT 2018

Michelle Thompson via Ground-Station wrote:
> If you are able to give us a break at the booth, please do! Reply to this
> thread. We are excited to represent, but it's a long day talking to people.
> 2 hours, 4 hours, even 1 where we can take a break - appreciated. No you do
> not have to be an expert, we'll have posters and flyers and when in doubt
> just say whatever it is, it has to do with Linux permissions. You'll be
> unerring in your certitude.

Hi Michelle -- as someone who's been lurking on the list for a little
while, I'd love to help out.  I'm still getting my feet wet with ham
radio in general and this project in particular, but as a Linux
sysadmin I feel fully qualified to blame Linux permissions. :-) I'll
be there for Saturday (probably late morning or so)...let me know if
there's somewhere to sign up.

I also hope to meet up with the SatNOGS folks, as I'm peripherally
involved in that project.  If you haven't met them before, I bet there
are some interesting conversations to be had with them...

Best,
Hugh VA7UNX

--
Hugh Brown