[Ground-station] ORI policies

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Apr 16 13:50:14 PDT 2018

ORI has some developer and participant policies which you should become
familiar with. They are at
https://openresearch.institute/developer-and-participant-policies/
Please read them when you have a chance.

The first part is about keeping ourselves on the right side of ITAR and
EAR. This requires that we do not perform defense services. In particular,
if there are questions on the list or other sorts of participation from a
defense provider, we don't answer them or help them in any way until we
verify that they are working on a non-defense contract. We have done that
verification regarding Hume Institute, so they're OK.

The second part is a conduct policy. It's taken from *much *more
contentious (and probably much larger) communities than this one, and we
should never have to use it because we're all professionals here and know
how to be civil. But there's always one person who tries to ruin things for
everyone, and we have the policies that allow us to remove that person when
necessary.

    Thanks

    Bruce

--
Bruce Perens K6BP - Standards committee chair, license review committee
member, Open Source Initiative