[Ribbit-Users] http gateway and digipeater with Rattlegram and linux modem

Ricardo Saiz rsaizv at yahoo.es
Tue May 7 06:54:40 PDT 2024

 Hello,
Not much activity in this list recently. Since my previous email I have installed and successfully run the linux modem https://github.com/aicodix/modem/ in a Raspberry version 1. I have left it up and working for several days. The script records sound clips from a 2 meter radio, demodulates the data, shows the message in an http server:
http://ea4gmz.hopto.org/OFDM.txtand repeats the same message a few seconds later. Fellow hams around Madrid have been able to exchange messages using Rattlegram in their smartphones and a fixed or handheld radio. It works through voice repeaters too. The modem software was modified for making the algorithm faster, maybe at the expense of some sensitivity. I have not noticed a significant loss of sensitivity, and now it takes less than 100 ms to process an audio clip and decode the message, even in a Rpi 1.

This is a temporary and experimental system. I wish to engage more people into Rattlegram as an introduction to Ribbit.