[Ribbit-Developers] Packet format

Ahmet Inan xdsopl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:47:28 PDT 2023

Hi Josh,

Yes, a cached WASM website would be nice but it always fails in the wrong
moment ..
I did some experiments early to see if this technology can be used instead
of mobile development:

https://www.aicodix.de/example3/

It does work nice, and we also have WebUSB, so we can do some fancy things
with an RTL-SDR dongle:

https://www.aicodix.de/example8/

Unfortunately it is still not as efficient and convenient as a native app.

If you want to play with the idea, the complete source code and a Makefile
can be found at those links, so you can start experimenting.

The new Ribbit modem scheme still needs rigorous testing before we can
start relying on it.

If you want an offline, command line modem, checkout the ribbit branch here:

https://github.com/aicodix/modem/tree/ribbit

Ahmet