[Ground-station] World Microwave Congress (day 3!)

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sat May 4 05:59:41 PDT 2024

Greetings all,

If you're on Slack then you might be seeing the updates from World
Microwave Congress 2-5 May 2024. General interest content is in #general,
and the UAV content is in #neptune. When the conference provided handouts,
like for Ted Rappaport's talk about Waste Factor (WF) then those were
shared on Slack.

Today's plenary is about research opportunities from MHz to THz, followed
by some choices on sessions. I'm going to go to the 6G session, but if you
are there and at another session, please let us know the highlights and if
there's anything relevant to ORI work.

It's been a very nice conference and we've made several contacts and caught
up with friends. The organizer turns out to live here in San Diego, and
conversations with UCSD took a step forward. We'll be following up with
that after the conference.

-Michelle Thompson