[Ground-station] Plans for the week!

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 09:42:29 PDT 2022

Plans for the week:

1) MATLAB HDL Coder training definition. We have 40 hours of training
credit through the Startup Plan from MathWorks (MATLAB). This is long term
and speculative work to produce open source HDL from MATLAB scrips. There
are no license issues. There are a lot of learning curve issues.

2) End-to-End transponder demonstration. Is it working over the air in
Remote Lab West?

3) ProFlix DVB-S2/X gear installed in Remote Labs West. Needs to happen to
confirm what we’re transmitting can be received by commercial gear.

4) Cubesat Developer’s Workshop - we need a human resource to commit to the
show, or else we need to cancel the poster session.

5) HamCation 2023? If you want to see it happen, then get in touch and
speak up. We need a team, today, to start organizing an effort.

6) Bringing data modes to the M17 Protocol: needs to happen. We need some
woodshedding on this very soon.

7) AI/ML at FCC TAC: are propagation models the right path forward? Lots of
discussion with Leonard Diguez this past week about the meeting on 23
March. Also - We need to get our guest speakers introduced to the chair
ASAP.

Want to help? Welcome aboard. Get in touch.

-Michelle Thompson