[Ground-station] Stand-up for FPGA work at 1000 US Pacific + progress on MATLAB workflow + technical meeting 5 February 2022

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:04:40 PST 2022

Greetings all,

FPGA Work

Weekly stand-up for FPGA work is in about an hour (1000 US Pacific).

Link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82522488906?pwd=N3pGWjQ3dE16eElCNmFMNGNCL1hOUT09

Agenda:
1) what have you been doing
2) what you got planned?
3) need any resources?
4) have any roadblocks?

Goal: end to end demo in February using ADRV9371.

MATLAB Toolboxes

Thank you to everyone helping with contacts at MATLAB. Progress is
happening and the goal of having a workflow that sees us being able to take
MATLAB (and Octave) models all the way to HDL deployed on hardware in the
lab is much closer this week than last week.

Worst case, we'll need to move from the non-commercial non-academic license
(called the "home" license) to something else that is definitely more
expensive. Since we don't fit into any of the categories of licenses then
some talking with MATLAB was in order. We're not commercial, we're not
government, we're not an educational institution, and HDL and MATLAB coder
toolboxes are not available to the "home" license.

Quarterly Technical Meeting 5 February 2022

Quarterly technical meeting will be on 5 February. Information page is
here:
https://www.openresearch.institute/quarterly-technical-advisory-committee-5-february-2022/

Open Research Institute is co-sponsoring it with IEEE Information Theory
Society San Diego Chapter. We will have some surprises to give away at the
meeting!