[Ground-station] First Phase4 Technical Steering Committee Meeting - 2nd October

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:28:57 PDT 2021

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 5:24 PM Samudra Haque [TTLLC] via Ground-Station
<ground-station at lists.openresearch.institute> wrote:

> Which document contains the present team chart with scope defined for the
> various projects, and when was it last updated?

https://github.com/phase4ground/documents/wiki/Phase-4-Ground-Teams

Anyone reading along that isn't already on the roster, either add yourself
or ask me or Thomas to add you.

> What is the estimated duration of the quarterly meeting and will there be
> discussion tracks divided by subject area?

The two discussion tracks were outlined by Thomas.

The duration is as long as is takes to get things decided. None of us have
unlimited time, all of us are very aware and sensitive to that, and the
discussions will take some time over several sessions. At least an hour to
start out.

> If I may: I recently attended a webinar by University of Minnesota rocket
> team, and they have adopted for a number of years now, a multi-level team
> structure accounting for progression from (guess) undergraduate to graduate
> work, with various classes of rockets and altitude targets. They have a 6
> months study and fabrication, 3 months testing structure and quite a large
> degree of success in this style.

With quarterly TSCs and a very flat hierarchy, I anticipate Agile sprints
will support the goals. Sub-project leads have wide latitude in selecting
the management format that works for them.

-Michelle W5NYV