[Ground-station] Weekly Report - highlights

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 17:31:59 PDT 2021

Big end to a big week! Here's a brief summary. Questions and comments
welcome.

1) Space and Satellite Symposium preparation going very well.

2) Major software work gearing up rapidly (GNU Radio and OpenCPI).

3) Good FPGA progress! Current focus: end-to-end demo.

4) Remote Lab West disk repair coming along.

5) New collaboration in the legal/patent realm (AMBE).

6) New contact and possible collaboration in the open source EDA realm.

7) Sounding rocket opportunity continuing to develop and looking good.

8) Final DVB-S2 multimedia beacon and project presentation in early
November.

9) Remote Lab East close-out and Remote Lab South bring-up planning is
rapidly concluding and dates for the move will be set. Thank you very much
to those that stepped up here and made this possible.

10) HamCation Forum and “Tech Alley” booths are reserved. We’ve asked for
300 minutes to split between ORI and TAPR and related projects like M17,
AmbaSat, and more. This is February 2022.

11) Waiting on the vendor to get back to me about renting time on EchoStar
9. This opportunity may be gone, but I won’t stop trying until they turn
off this sat.