[Ground-station] Thursday Office Hours - Time/Date/Agenda - call for additional items

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:33:41 PST 2021

Greetings all! Happy New Year!

This week's office hours will be
Thursday 7 January
1800 UTC
10am US Pacific

Will send a video conference link on Thursday. We had some issues with Zoom
with the FPGA meetup, so we may use GSuite instead.

We have some good news and some Agenda Items.

1) The Default Digital Downlink in the architecture paper (
https://github.com/phase4ground/documents/blob/master/Papers_Articles_Presentations/Papers/20200902-AREx-System-Architecture.pdf)
provides IQ samples that provide content when no user communications are
taking place. These signals, which provide a variety of combinations of
modulation and coding, can be used to test receivers.

Beacons are highly useful for a variety of reasons. What kind of beacon
hardware and software can we do that implements the Default Digital
Downlink for terrestrial deployment "as soon as practicable"?

Several sites are available and enthusiastic for DVB-S2/X broadband
beacons.

We need to write down the details and identify the hardware, software, and
HDL involved.

This is a productization of the March Transmitter goal.

2) 10/24 GHz dual band feed lab test plan, results, and next steps.

3) Link Budget updates! There's some big steps forward here that we should
be able to talk more about on Thursday.

4) Ask Questions! All are welcome.

5) Taxes! This year we have to fill out the full 990 form. They're due for
us in May 2021.

6) Additional items? Please let me know of them! :+)