[Ground-station] "March to March 2020"

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:06:40 PST 2020

Greetings all!

We have demonstrations, talks, and more planned for and during the Ham Expo
in March 2020. We're using this really neat event as a rallying point for
organizing work over the next few months.

https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/

What do we want to show?
1) A demonstration of the transponder transmitter.
2) Regulatory progress on ITAR/EAR and Debris Mitigation strategies.

What do we need to do in the very near future in order to achieve these
goals?

1) Get the lab equipment up and running. This is going well. Some of it is
completely functional, and some of it has not been received yet. Shelves
and anti-static mats are on the way this week. Read about it at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EG_anaUNWxluriktrDBUa1MnIdIlOe9_hMCkNFj3Tc4/edit?usp=sharing

2) Prioritize the FPGA work. Wally Ritchie and the core leads will be
laying this out.

3) Incorporate recent drafts for Debris Mitigation and other regulatory
work from Jan King and Anshul Makkar into the Minimum Viable Product
presentation for regulators. This is proceeding well.

4) Confirm Thermal Desktop software is up and running and support Thomas
Savarino in using it.

These are the highlights as we start off the week.

More soon!