[Ground-station] "Hello World" acceptance testing for test equipment

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:00:48 PST 2020

Drew writes,

"I guess I should check with work to see how I can help.  I have a
small, useful example library that I had been pondering doing the
paper work to publish as open source.  I guess I could actually do
that now."

This would be great.

I think we're doing the things you outlined, with Python. We've been
fortunate to get advice from engineers that work remotely in digital
communications.

While there are a number of academic papers about setting up labs for
university level work, there are not many papers about industrial or
professional remote labs. However, they do exist, there are useful design
patterns, and we are going to use those patterns and take the good advice
we've been offered. I think your philosophizing is right on track. I'm very
much looking forward to the variety of work that can be enabled by doing
all this.

-Michelle W5NYV