[Ground-station] System Design Review Workshop - 7am US Pacific 30 July 2020

Michelle Thompson mountain.michelle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:37:54 PDT 2020

1. A System Design Workshop for the P4XDMT (Digital Multiplexed
Transponder) will be held at 7am US Pacific 30 July 2020. The workshop will
present the current baseline architecture for the P4XDMT Phase I Prototype
Board Set and the approach for continued development of the DMT. The
workshop is intended to finalize the Phase I architecture in preparation
for a System Design Review that will be conducted in August. At the
conclusion of the SDR, the architecture for the Phase I initial prototypes
will be frozen.

2. The goal of the Phase I project is to produce a complete functional
hardware design together with an initial firmware load (FPGA and SoC
Processors) that will demonstrate working DVB-S2 transmitter functionality
as a major project milestone. The subsequent Phase II project will continue
development resulting in a fully functional transponder meeting all of the
requirements of the P4XT program.

3. Background information on the P4XT Project can be found in the Program
Proposal available from the following link:

https://openresearch.institute/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2020/01/p4xt_proposal.pdf

The program proposal was discussed at the Workshop held following 2020
Hamcation from 3pm-7pm on February 2020. The audio from the workshop is
available at the following link:

https://openresearch.institute/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2020/06/DMT-workshop-mp3-guide.pdf

The Phase I/Phase II organization of the program was discussed starting
around 2:57:30 into the recording.

WebEx link will be sent out well before the meeting.

Questions to w5nyv at arrl.net