[Ground-station] Memorial service for Brian Kantor, WB6CYT

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Sun Jan 12 22:02:32 PST 2020

As you know, Brian Kantor, WB6CYT passed away suddenly on November 21,
2019. We will hold a memorial service for Brian on Saturday, Feb 1 2020
at 1:30 PM in La Jolla, CA (part of San Diego). Please see this link for
details:

https://www.evite.com/event/0135NF64ATPRMYGRMEPKGPM2G3LMLQ/rsvp?utm_campaign=send_sharable_link&utm_medium=sharable_invite&utm_source=evitelink

Please bring any photos, mementos and (above all) stories and anecdotes
about Brian to share. Brian wasn't exactly a highly formal person who
stood on ceremony, so we'll keep this informal. If you have a story to
tell, it's up to you whether you stand up and relate it to the whole
group or just a few others at a time. There will be plenty of time for both.

Everyone who knew Brian is welcome. His friendships spanned at least
three distinct social circles, and I know he'd be very happy to see
everyone meet and enjoy everyone else's company. Even if he'd be a
little embarrassed that we were doing it in his honor.

Free snacks and refreshments will be provided, so please RSVP through
the evite link so we can tell the hotel how much to make available. If
you have special dietary needs, please say so; the hotel has a menu we
can choose from.

Please forward this email to anyone you think might be interested. Hope
to see you on the 1st.

Phil Karn, KA9Q