[Ground-station] Potential Phase 4 - Gateway interference

KENT BRITAIN wa5vjb at flash.net
Fri Feb 14 13:07:46 PST 2020

 Interference would be rare, and momentary.
OK, the bird goes though a 360 deg arc in about 80 minutes.
So in a typical overhead pass that's about 4 deg a min..( Yes, a lot of variables in that equation! )

The antenna beam is 6 deg if we allow for the -10 dB points.So 90 seconds would put the 2nd bird well out of the pattern from theground station.
Lots of orbits, a parallel orbit is not impossible, but in most cases theywould only be in common view of the ground dish for a minute or so.I'll let someone else do this calculation.  Take two LEO Birds, and whenlooking from a common point on the ground, how often do they pass within6 deg of each other?    Not often I suspect.    Kent WA5VJB